Thursday, October 23, 2014

Today's Formula Cobalt /Matters

I've had tremendous interest lately in The Welcome Mat.

This is wonderful. There are a few recurring questions. What is it like, I want to see inside before I buy it and do I have to pay further for everything I want to do or see there?

One member recently said: The Mat is like " going to an online university offering undergrad, masters, doctorate degrees all from your own comfortable home!Wanda is a "ONER"...master professor..teacher...sage!"

That made me blush a bit but it is true I like to aim high, go beyond expected outcomes. The Mat represents this. I like to meet you where you are and take you where you want to go even if that's nowhere!

Here is a video if you want to skim the surface of what the Mat is.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjcSM5oyahE

Here are the pertinent facts:
I tell you pretty much everything I know about hooking and dyeing on the Mat.
4 weekly informative and fun discussions
1 teaching discussion a week
Free patterns
1 yearly free class which is not condensed or abridged version , full bore teaching in my interactive style.
Monthly dye column using Pro Chem, Cushings and Majic Carpet Dyes, yes all three.
Support for my RH magazine Colours To Dye For columns
Tutorials
Challenges
Yearly January Journal dare
Video tutorials on hooking and dyeing
Editorials that showcase my personal artistic development, what I'm learning now.

And there is much, much, much more.
If you enjoy my dye column in Rug Hooking imagine what this is like, I have no constraints of space or deadlines.
Take what you want and leave the rest on The Mat.
You don't even have to get any mail from us but read it like any other web page.
Everything is archived, searchable and questions are answered.
It continues to develop and change as you the subscriber requires.

Yes we have a few classes on the Mat that require a further fee. That said they are places where I teach one on one. They are a bargain,  extensions are applied as required, can be signed into at any time and are a treasure trove.

The Mat costs 8¢ a day. How can you not afford it? You take much greater chances ordering books online. Be Brave, be a member.
Here is your invitation.
http://thewelcomemat.ning.com/?xgi=1Brbd3oItTyftZ

Remember what Buddha said:

"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it or who has said it not even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."
Decide for yourself about the Mat.

Our formula for today using Majic Carpet Dyes:


 Cobalt
4/32 tsp of Blue ( you know this is 1/8 tsp.)
1/256 tsp. Blue Violet
1/64 tsp. Black

1/512 tsp. Orange

Method:
All colours dyed over 1/8th yd of natural wool. I wet the wool. I dissolved the Majic Carpet dyes together in boiling water, poured them into the barely heated dye bath, added the wool and waited until the water almost cleared to add 1/32 tsp citric acid or 1 tbsp vinegar. I added up to 1 tsp. of citric acid or 2/3 cup of vinegar when dye colour was dark.

Wait until water clears. Some resting of wool in dye bath off the heat source may be required in darker colours.


No comments:

Post a Comment